Harrington Junior School
FIRE-RESISTANT STEEL RAMP AND STEPS READY FOR SEPTEMBER
A rental ramp and two sets of step units were installed. These will be on hire until works on the permanent main building is finished.
The process from quotation to installation was completed within a ten-day turnaround time, ready for the start of the new academic year.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp or step. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Infill Handrail - if the ramp height exceeds 380mm, Infill handrail is a requirement to prevent users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- 1100mm High Rail - 1100mm handrails are attached to any level sections.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface. Minimum width: 1500mm.
- Rest Platform - a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Standard Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures the users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Fully Compliant Step Units – an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be standalone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp.
IS STEEL FIRE-RESISTANT?
Yes, unlike wooden ramps, steel is a fire-resistant material that will not typically burn and melt at temperatures typically encountered in building fires.
Our steel wheelchair ramp is galvanised, a process where a protective coating of zinc is applied to prevent rusting. Also, all components are powder-coated to create a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint.