Gildersome Street Games Area
LET THE GAMES BEGIN! RAPID RAMP OFFERED THE MOST FLEXIBILITY
Outdoor wheelchair access from the road to the lower games area.
The client expressed how other ramps considered had not offered the same level of flexibility that our modular system gave.
Also, our system is designed specifically for outdoor use, able to withstand exposure to ever-changing British weather conditions.
The following CAD and technical drawings were designed by our specialist CAD designer in-house, from measurements and photos taken by our site surveyor.
One of our outdoor wheelchair ramps was installed with adjustable support legs to match the varying ground levels.
A handrail was also installed alongside the steps for able-bodied users.
- Mesh Platform - self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures the users always have support to hold onto.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Standard Underside Mesh - this mesh is designed to prevent individuals from gaining access underneath the ramp. It is often specified for schools and public buildings.
Legs can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights and come in different lengths. Extra components can also be added.
Only a modular ramp system offers this level of flexibility.
The benefits of an outdoor wheelchair ramp:
Preventions are taken to ensures our outdoor ramp can withstand exposure to weather without damage or loss of function. Preventions include:
- All our ramp components including handrails and platforms are galvanised, a process where a protective coating of zinc is applied to prevent rusting and to kill moss.
- All components (excluding the platforms and ramp legs) are powder-coated to create a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint.
Rapid Ramp delivered on time and offered the solution we were looking for.