Downs Way Primary School
MATCHING THE FINISHED FLOOR HEIGHT OF THE CLASSROOM
Wheelchair and stepped access to the newly built classroom block.
The finished floor height was relatively high, so subsequently, the entrance and access system needed to match this.
Once the new door was fitted, we installed a fully compliant Rapid Ramp with step unit. We were able to achieve the necessary finished floor height with adjustable telescopic legs.
All work was completed within the summer holiday.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp or step. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Infill Handrail - if the ramp height exceeds 380mm, Infill handrail is a requirement to prevent users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- 1100mm High Rail - 1100mm handrails are attached to any level sections.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface. Minimum width: 1500mm.
- Rest Platform - a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Standard Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures the users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Fully Compliant Step Unit – an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be standalone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
Legs can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights and come in various lengths.
Extra components can also be added.
Only a modular ramp system offers this level of flexibility.