Yattendon C Of E Primary School
RAMP INSTALLED OVER WEED MEMBRANE
Supply & Install
Accessible ramped entryway leading to the newly constructed outdoor classroom.
The ground before the entrance is divided into two sections: tarmac and a bark-covered area. The tarmac is elevated and stable, while the bark-covered area is a softer surface.
To address this, a weed membrane was laid over the bark-covered area, and the ramp feet on that side were affixed to concrete slabs.
All of the ramp feet were precisely adjusted to create a level walkway with a compliant gradient of 1:15.
This ramp fully aligns with the requirements outlined in Document K and M of the Building Regulations.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- 1100mm High Rail – these handrails attach to any level sections.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
- Standard colour: Black - Ramps are powder coated black to create a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint.