Wix & Wrabness Pre-school
REPLACING A WOODEN RAMP
The existing discoloured timber ramp was becoming slippery when wet, with a contributing factor being moss build-up on the ramp’s surface. Therefore, the client required a metal slip-resistant structure.
Moss or fungi cannot grow on galvanised steel as it does on wood, so the Rapid Ramp System was the ideal solution.
CAD and technical drawings were designed by our specialist CAD designer in-house along with a quotation.
We design the drawings to help customers visualise how a ramp would appear in situ.
The wooden ramp was dismantled and replaced with a metal Rapid Ramp.
- Mesh Platform - self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Trombone Ends - added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be changed to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures the users always have support to hold onto.
- Standard Colour Black - Ramps are powder coated black to create a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Step Unit - an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
WHY DOESN’T THE MOSS GROW ON OUR MESH PLATFORM?
Our self-draining mesh allows water to pass through, so moss has nothing to feed on.
Also, the mesh is manufactured from galvanised steel.
Galvanising is a process where a protective coating of zinc is applied to prevent rusting and to kill moss.
I just wanted to say thank you for the speedy installation of our ramp. It is perfect and looks great. A big thank you to the guys for leaving absolutely no mess!