Wigan Wallgate Train Station
RAPID RAMP WAS ALL ABOARD FOR STATION IMPROVEMENT WORKS
Works were underway at the station, and as part of these enhancements, a sliding entrance door to the waiting room was scheduled to be fitted with disabled access.
A Rapid Ramp with a slip-resistant GRP surface and yellow ‘warm-to-touch’ handrails was installed and fully completed within a day.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be changed to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system is designed to be grasped by the hand, to provide stability or support.
- GRP Platform - a slip-resistant and non-corrosive surface. The ideal option for areas with high footfall, such as schools and public spaces.
- Yellow Powder Coated Finish - Rapid Ramp comes in black as standard, but you can choose a colour to match your requirement, all we require is your RAL colour number.
‘WARM -TO-TOUCH’ HANDRAILS:
Our handrail product achieves this ‘warm to touch’ finish, with a nylon coating of low thermal conductivity, so that body heat is not conducted away from the hand.
The process allows the system to become robust enough to deal with our ever-changing, British weather conditions.
The ramp was installed within a day which enabled us to open the station within the tight deadline set. We had some queries regarding the installation, but thankfully, they came back to fix them quickly the next day. Look forward to using Rapid Ramp again.