Western Access Boundary
RAMP ACCESS TO THE LOWER BUILDING SITE
A temporary pedestrian ramp was required from the west boundary entrance into the lower building site throughout the duration of the motorway expansion project.
The ramp was completed within a three-day turnaround time.
Prior to ramp installation, some of the upper ground had to be removed so that a flat concrete entrance point could be produced.
Also, at two lower descents, the ground was levelled out to allow concrete pads to be laid at each point. The ramp toe plates then fixed on top.
Once the rental duration is completed the ramp will be removed.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Black Powder Coated Finish – rails are coated with thermosetting powder to provide a non-conductive, non-slip and scratch resistant surface.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and any level changes.
- Rest Platform – a rest platform at every 5 metres of ramp is required to allow the user to pause.