Vaccination Unit, Tameside Hospital
ACCESS TO SUPPORT THE COVID-19 VACCINE ROLLOUT
A fully compliant ramp to a temporary ward, supporting the COVID-19 vaccination programme
Once the temporary vaccination unit was assembled, we installed a Rapid Ramp compliant with Document M and K of the Building Regulations.
The ramp also overcomes the concrete steps that would have otherwise hindered wheelchair users from accessing the unit.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Rest Platform – a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- 1100mm High Rail – these handrails attach to any level sections.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.