University College Hospital, Westmoreland Street
A portable ramp provided temporary access from the hospital’s lobby to the underground car park. However, as the loppy has become a permanent fixture, a strong replacement with handrails was necessary.
The Rapid Ramp includes a 1:15 gradient and fully complies with documents M & K of the building regulations.
The installation took two days to complete, and the feet were bolted into the ground to keep the system securely in place.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
- Standard colour: Black - Ramps are powder coated black to create a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint.