Temporary Ramps, Rosecliffe Spencer Academy
FITTING DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
Temporary teaching classrooms were needed, ready for the September term. These were be on location until the works on the permanent building were completed.
Following the outbreak of COVID-19, the time scale to complete the project became tighter and additional space to aid social distancing was required.
Temporary ramps and steps to provide long-term access for students, staff, and visitors of all abilities.
Systems required to be installed within the tight schedule. Plus, be easy to disassemble once the permanent school was built.
When quoting we ensured to match the units’ hire period and created CAD and technical drawings to accompany the quotation.
Rapid Ramp successfully delivered the project within the tight deadline whilst complying to COVID-19 working conditions.
Once the permanent building was completed, the temporary ramps, steps and classrooms were relocated to Ravensdale School.
- Mesh Platform - this self-draining mesh platform allows water to pass through rather than puddle on the surface and potentially freeze.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate threshold heights.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have a support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Step Units – an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
- Standard Underside Mesh - this is designed to prevent children from gaining access underneath the ramp. It is often specified for schools and public buildings.
- Infill Handrails on Step Units - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and helps users distinguish any level changes.
Temporary ramps & steps are available for long or short-term hire.
Ramp hire includes:
- Free quotation with technical and 3D CAD drawings
- Site survey (If applicable)
- The minimum hire period applies, and the rental duration is flexible (more details available on application).
The outcome of the project was better than we expected, the children and the staff are happy with their new facilities. The end result is positive.