St Mary’s Llanvair Discoed Church
A TEMPORARY SOLUTION FOR DISABLED VOTERS
The medieval church was one of hundred venues chosen within the area to act as polling stations where electors could cast their votes.
Two factors that were considered during the planning stage:
- The entrance opened onto a road, creating a minimal runoff.
- The site was on an incline.
These are circumstances we often overcome with a design to suit.
Our in-house designer produced CAD drawings, with reference to the site measurements taken by our site surveyor. These were given to the clients with their quotation.
A temporary modular ramp was installed with a 1:15 gradient.
Installation took place the day before the election and was swiftly dismantled within a few hours the day after, and no damage was caused to the site. All components will be reused within other rental projects.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Black Powder Coated Finish – rails are coated with thermosetting powder to provide a non-conductive, non-slip and scratch resistant surface.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and any level changes.
Temporary ramps & steps are available for long or short-term hire.
Ramp hire includes:
- Free quotation with technical and 3D CAD drawings
- Site survey (If applicable)
The minimum hire period applies, and the rental duration is flexible (more details available on application).
Ramp hire is available across the UK and Ireland.