Royal Cornwall Hospital
A CUSTOM NHS BLUE RAMP WITH A 1:20 GRADIENT
A new construction compound has been installed outside the Mermaid Centre with enabling works in preparation for three brand new Mammography x-ray machines to be replaced within the Centre over the next year.
To ensure continuity of mammography services, a mobile unit has been installed in the carpark with wheelchair access.
A fully compliant modular ramp to replace the temporary structure to the mobile unit.
The new system had to adhere completely to Part K and M of the Building Regulations.
Once the building was in position, we completed a site survey.
The CAD drawings were produced and supplied to the client with their quotation.
The drawings show the two hatch sections that provide entry to the drains, and the rails were powder coated in NHS blue. Colour is a key element of the National Health Service’s identity.
A custom blue ramp was fitted with a 1:20 gradient within a two days. The system was immediately usable after completion.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and any level changes.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Access Hatch - A hatch opens allowing a person access to the underground services.
- Blue Powder Coated Finish - ramps are powder coated to create a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint.