Ramp With Midrail, Wokingham Station
IMPROVING ACCESSIBILITY DURING GATELINE ENABLING WORKS
A temporary ramp with midrail to the station while major improvement works were underway.
A yellow powder-coated Rapid Ramp was installed wiith mid rail.
- Mesh Platform - self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Continuous handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Step Unit – an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
- Yellow powder-coated finish - Rapid Ramp comes in black as standard, but you can choose a colour to match your requirement, all we require is your RAL colour number.
- Mid Rail - A lower handrail system designed to be used by young children and wheelchair users.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users to distinguish any level changes.
IS INTERMEDIATE HANDRAIL A REQUIREMENT OF THE BUILDING REGULATIONS?
In Document M of the Building Regulations, it simply states ‘if you provide a secondary (lower) handrail’, meaning that the handrail system is not obligatory.
If the client requires it, then the handrail should be 600mm from the surface of the ramp.