Queen Mary's Hospital
A modular ramp was needed throughout the temporary works to provide access to the raised modular WC on hire.
The building included a disabled toilet with changing table, a cleaner’s cupboard, and a unisex toilet.
The ramp was needed within 24 hours of the building landing.
Installation was completed over soft and hard surfaces within a few hours and, once in place, was ready for instant use.
The legs were adjusted to match the varying ground levels, and the feet nearest the door were fixed to concrete slabs for extra rigidity.
Our systems can be installed on a variety of surfaces, including concrete, tarmac, artificial grass, gravel, and muddy terrain.
Once the works were concluded, the system was dismantled and reused in other rental applications.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Black Powder Coated Finish – rails are coated with thermosetting powder to provide a non-conductive, non-slip and scratch resistant surface.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and any level changes.
- Standard Step Unit - An ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
ACCESS RAMPS & STEPS FOR PORTABLE CABINS:
Like modular buildings such as a portable cabin, our ramps & steps are prefabricated systems, carrying benefits including:
- A fast construction time - ramp installations are typically completed within a 1-to-2-day turnaround time. Components are also manufactured in the UK and stored in-house.
- Easy to remove – once no longer required, ramps can be disassembled within a few hours.
- Design and build flexibility – ramps have a modular design, allowing them to be easily re-designed and re-configured to suit different sized areas and site changes.
- Cost-effective – the Rapid Ramp System has a life span of over 25 years with no maintenance costs.
- Environmental benefits – ramp components can be reused under our ramp recycling scheme.
- Safety features - includes handrails for grip and slip-resistant mesh platforms as standard.