London E-Prix, ExCeL London
RAMPS RAPIDLY READY FOR A WEEKEND OF RACING
The London E-Prix, an annual Formula E championship featuring all-electric street racing, took place at ExCel London from the 30th to the 31st of July on a distinctive indoor/outdoor circuit.
Temporary modular ramps were utilised to address the height difference between curbs and the racing track, establishing a pathway for drivers and staff.
Considering the exposed location, the chosen systems needed to effectively withstand the impact of rain and wind.
Just two days before the event, the systems were swiftly installed over the tarmac within a few hours.
Ground fixings were unnecessary because, once the components were bolted together, the weight of the systems themselves kept them securely in place.
After the rental duration was complete, the systems were removed, restoring the site to its original condition.
The Rapid Ramp System is well-suited for outdoor use, being crafted from fully galvanised metal for corrosion resistance and featuring a slip-resistant mesh surface. Additionally, all components (excluding the platforms and ramp legs) are powder-coated to ensure a durable finish.
A wooden ramp would have been unsuitable due to its tendency to rot and become slippery in wet weather.
- Trombone Ends -These are installed at the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes from snagging.
- Telescopic Legs - These legs can be adapted to accommodate various threshold heights
- Standard Handrail - This handrail is designed for hand gripping, offering stability and support.
- Mesh Platform - The self-draining mesh allows water to pass through instead of pooling on the surface
- Standard Colour: Black - Our ramps feature a powder-coated black finish, ensuring longevity that exceeds the performance of typical paint.