King George Hospital
The development of a stand-alone CT Scanning facility, separate from the main hospital.
The facility needed to be relocatable to reflect any future site changes, or if it becomes part of longer-term plan for a Community Diagnostic Centre.
The new solution included a new examination room for a Canon Aquilion Prime CT scanner, control room, canulation area & changing room.
The main contractor requested a modular Rapid Ramp to provide access to the building within a quick turnaround time.
Like the facility itself, Rapid Ramp products are completely reusable and relocatable, thus making them ideal to adapt to potential future site alterations.
The ramp was designed, manufactured, and installed by the Rapid Ramp team.
The wide platforms cover the dimensions of the double doors that open outwards.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
- Standard colour: Black - Ramps are powder coated black to create a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint.