Hainault Homeless Centre
DELIVERING A VITAL PROJECT WITHIN A TIGHT DEADLINE
Sixty prefabricated units were scheduled for construction in Woodman Road park to provide housing for the homeless for the next ten years.
Prefabricated ramps and steps that can be installed within the tight schedule of a week, last a lifetime, and be removed and reused easily after the site is decommissioned.
Modular ramps and steps were delivered and installed within a week.
Extra-wide walkways were included to cover the width of the double doors and to provide turning space for powerchair users.
- Mesh Platform - this self-draining mesh platform allows water to pass through rather than puddle on the surface and potentially freeze.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate threshold heights.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have a support to hold onto.
- Standard Colour Black - ramps are powder-coated black to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Standard Underside Mesh - this is designed to prevent users from gaining access to the underneath of the ramp.
- Step Units - an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
ACCESS RAMPS & STEPS FOR PREFABRICATED BUILDINGS:
Like modular buildings, our ramps & steps are prefabricated systems, carrying benefits including:
- A fast construction time - Ramp installations are typically completed within a 1 to 2-day turnaround time. Components are manufactured and stored in-house.
- Easy to remove – Once no required, ramps can be disassembled within a few hours.
- Design and build flexibility - Ramps can be re-designed and re-configured to suit different sized areas.
- Cost-effective – Our access ramp has a life span of over 25 years with no maintenance costs.
- Environmental benefits – Ramp components can be reused under our ramp recycling scheme.
- Safety features - Includes handrails for grip and a slip-resistant mesh platforms as standard.