Glossop Job Centre
A RAMP INSTALLATION COMPLETED IN SNOWY CONDITIONS
Wheelchair access from the main entrance.
The client requested a Saturday installation to avoid disturbing the weekly running of the centre.
The ramp installation was completed on a snowy Saturday.
A great benefit of our metal ramp is that it can be installed in most weather conditions, including snow!
It was fully assembled within a few hours by our fitters and could be used immediately after.
- Mesh Platform - this self-draining mesh platform allows water to pass through rather than puddle on the surface and potentially freeze.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate threshold heights.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have a support to hold onto.
- Standard Colour Black - ramps are powder-coated black to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and helps users distinguish any level changes.
CONCRETE VS METAL RAMP INSTALLATIONS
Unfortunately, newly poured concrete must be protected from freezing for the first 24 to 48 hours and requires drying time before use.
Therefore, concrete installations are heavily reliant on good weather conditions, and cannot be completed in snow or frozen temperatures.
Unlike concrete, our modular metal ramps can be installed in most weather conditions, including snow. Plus, the product is manufactured from galvanised steel.
Galvanising is a process where a protective coating of zinc is applied to prevent rusting and to kill moss.