Gate Ramp, Bexhill
A SAFE & SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR A WEIGHTY PROBLEM
An occupational therapist enquired about a heavy-duty wheelchair ramp with gate, capable of supporting the weight of a powerchair.
Additionally, to avoid affecting the house’s future guide price, the family requested an easily removable option.
We reassured the OT that a Rapid Ramp has a safe loading capacity of 1,000kgs when installed correctly, so would effectively support the weight of the powerchair.
CAD and technical drawings were designed by our specialist CAD designer in-house, from measurements and photos taken by our site surveyor.
Our team installed the Rapid Ramp with a step and gate unit within a few hours.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system is designed to be grasped by the hand, to provide stability or support.
- Mesh Platform - self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Gate & Step Unit - an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
If needed in the future, this can easily be done without leaving an impact on the property.
It was handy that Rapid Ramp could deal with the whole process and the 3D drawing really helped me and the client. As usual, a very good job from the people at Rapid Ramp!
Private Occupational Therapist