YELLOW MID-RAIL FOR THE STATION RAMP
The fitters worked different shifts over three days and two nights to ensure the project was completed by the deadline.
The platforms include a 1:15 gradient and fully comply with Documents M & K of the Building Regulations.
A step system was also fitted for able-bodied access, and mid-handrail in yellow at 600mm high was installed on both sides of all the ramps and platforms.
Once the rental period is complete, the systems will be dismantled and reused in other hire projects.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and steps and distinguish any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Rest Platform – a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- 1100mm High Rail – these handrails attach to any level sections.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Yellow Mid-Handrail - a lower handrail system designed to be used by young children and wheelchair users. Yellow is one of the easiest colours to see because of its ability to reflect light.
- Fully Compliant Step Unit – complies with Document M and K of the Building Regulations.
- GRP - a slip-resistant and non-corrosive surface. The ideal option for areas with high footfall, such as schools and public application.