Elevated Walkway Platform, Auction Site
ADJUSTABLE RAMP LEGS RAISES THE WALKWAY
The company sells Industrial vehicles & plant.
Vehicles intended for auction will park alongside a new check-in building so staff can carry out inspections from a platform.
An elevated walkway platform with gates to provide the inspectors with access to the lorry trailers.
Wheelchair access was also necessary from the entrance door.
All access systems had to comply with Part M and K of the building regulations.
Once the groundworks and building were completed, our installation teamed fitted the walkway platform at the required height with the use of adjustable telescopic legs.
Two gate units were fitted along the walkway’s rail. The gates will allow staff to access the inside of trucks when they pull up for inspection.
A modular ramp and steps units were also fitted. All systems fully comply with DDA and building regulations.
To ensure rigidity under all platform legs, cross bracing was achieved using longer length tubes.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Rest Platform – a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- 1100mm High Rail – these handrails attach to any level sections.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Fully Compliant Step & Gate Units - access for able-bodied users.
Rapid Ramp's modular walkway system is a high-quality, durable steel platform with powder-coated handrails.
Whether it is a temporary or permanent walkway you require, the system offers versatility and can suit varied areas and applications.
Modular ramps and steps can also be added.