COVID-19 Testing Site, Accrington
ACCESSIBLE CABINS FOR LOCAL TESTING
The facility will open at the Eastgate Car Park as part of the Government strategy to improve localised access to coronavirus tests.
Fully compliant ramps and steps in double quick time to allow the site to open before the end of the week.
The measurements were received Monday evening, and all components were picked and packed Tuesday morning and delivered to site for Wednesday morning.
The systems were fitted by our installation team Wednesday, ready for use by Thursday at midday.
We were true to our name, delivering the project rapidly in less than a week. This was achieved with our in-house team, which included a site surveyor, designer, and installers.
All components were available from stock and ready for installation as soon as required.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes. The colour yellow is chosen because as a bright colour, it has the ability to reflect light. Therefore, it makes it easier for the user to see whilst reducing the risk of trips and falls.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - this self-draining mesh platform allows water to pass through rather than puddle on the surface and potentially freeze.
- Rest Platform – a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- 1100mm High Rail – these handrails attach to any level sections.
- Continuous Handrail- this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Standard Step Units - an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
ACCESS RAMPS & STEPS FOR PREFABRICATED BUILDINGS:
Like modular buildings, our ramps & steps are prefabricated systems, carrying benefits including:
- A fast construction time - Ramp installations are typically completed within a 1 to 2-day turnaround time. Components are manufactured and stored in-house.
- Easy to remove – Once no required, ramps can be disassembled within a few hours.
- Design and build flexibility - Ramps can be re-designed and re-configured to suit different sized areas.
- Cost-effective – Our access ramp has a life span of over 25 years with no maintenance costs.
- Environmental benefits – Ramp components can be reused under our ramp recycling scheme.
- Safety features - Includes handrails for grip and a slip-resistant mesh platforms as standard.