Bognor Regis, West Sussex
METAL STEPS WITH A SLIP-RESISTANT SURFACE
A robust step system with handrails to aid a visually impaired tenant in accessing their garden.
The council owns the property; therefore, the specifier required a product that can easily be removed in the future and leave little to no impact on the building.
Our system was ideal because safety features, including yellow tread strips, could be fixed along each step nosing, and a rubber crumb cover could be laid over the surfaces to prevent the tenant from slipping.
The product is also easily removable and only requires minimal bolting.
A step system with three risers and a platform was installed in less than a day.
The steps fully comply with Part M and K of Building Regulations for dwellings. All council properties must adhere to these guidelines.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
- Standard Colour Black – Systems are powder coated black to create a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint.
- Telescopic Legs - Legs can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Safetread Rubber Surface - This is a soft, slip-resistant surface that reduces the impact of falls. The product is made from the same materials used in soft play areas and is ideal for nurseries, schools, and public facilities. It is available in a range of colours and will continue to perform in all weather conditions.