Bannockburn Primary School
GRP YELLOW SHEETS AID PARTIALLY SIGHTED USERS
The design and supply of a fully compliant Rapid Ramp System and steps to the classroom block.
In-house CAD drawings were provided to the client with their quotation.
The 2D plan shows the hatch section and the end legs are concreted 450mm deep into the ground.
On the 3D drawing, solid yellow GRP sheets are present across the platform sections.
The product provides a high level of contrast between ramped and level platforms, assisting partially sighted users.
Yellow is one of the easiest colours to see because of its ability to reflect light.
The client’s own fitting team assembled the systems using our ‘how to’ video guide.
The rails are 250mm from the wall and the systems have 1:15 compliant gradient.
All components were delivered to site within 24 hours from point of order.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Rest Platform – a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- 1100mm High Rail – these handrails attach to any level sections.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Compliant Step Unit - an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
- Access Hatch - A hatch section opens allowing a person access to the underground services.
No site survey is included, however a quotation with CAD drawings and a copy of our installation video is provided.
As a manufacturer and stockist, you’ll find our delivery times are much faster!