Argoed High School
DDA ALTERATIONS - SLIP-RESISTANT RAMPS FOR CLASSROOM CABINS
The existing wooden ramps were becoming slippery in wet weather conditions; therefore, GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) ramps were required.
Our team of installers dismantled the wooden ramps and replaced them with GRP metal ramps.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Standard Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures the users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- GRP Platform - this is a slip-resistant and non-corrosive surface, ideal for areas with high footfall, such as schools and public spaces.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Standard Underside Mesh - this mesh is designed to prevent individuals from gaining access to the underneath of the ramp. It is often specified for schools and public buildings.
Installations are flexible and planned around the specific needs of each school.
Often installers will work during the holidays to accommodate around the teaching timetable.
Alternatively, installations during term time hours are just as achievable, and our team are fully DBS checked (formerly CRB), which covers working with children and vulnerable adults.