King's College Hospital
900MM WIDE FIRE EXIT RAMPS FOR THE NEUROSCIENCE OFFICES
Modular Ramps and steps from the plant room and fire exits.
Our installers fitted Rapid Ramp systems from the fire exits A step system was installed from the plant room entrance.
All work was completed within a two-day turnaround time.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Standard Handrail -this handrail system is designed to be grasped by the hand, to provide stability or support.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Step Unit with Yellow Tread – an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users.
- Yellow Tread - a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp or step. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
A BENEFIT OF MODULAR ACCESS PRODUCTS:
Modular ramps and steps can be configured into various combinations to suit different sized areas.
- 900mm – the recommended width for dwellings under Document M, Section 6 of the Building Regulations.
- 1000mm – our standard ramp for dwellings.
- 1200mm – our slightly wider ramp.
- 1500mm – the recommended width for ramps for public buildings.
Alternatively, you can request a bespoke width.