Caravan Wheelchair Ramp, Canterbury
A wheelchair ramp to a caravan located on a residential park. The ramp would provide a 1:20 gradient.
A traditional wooden ramp was considered a fire risk against a prefabricated building.
A 1200mm wide caravan ramp was installed within a few hours by our expert installers.
The ramp legs were adjusted to match the varying ground levels leading up to the front door.
Concrete pads were added underneath the left-hand legs to ensure rigidity on the muddy terrain.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system is designed to be grasped by the hand, to provide stability or support.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Gate Unit – this product provides access for abled bodied users.
THE BENEFITS OF PREFABRICATED METAL RAMPS & STEP UNITS
Like caravans & mobile homes, our modular ramp & steps are prefabricated systems, carrying benefits including:
- A fast construction time - Ramp installations are typically completed within a 1 to 2-day turnaround time. Components are manufactured and stored in-house.
- Easy to remove – Once no required, ramps can be disassembled within a few hours.
- Design and build flexibility - Ramps can be re-designed and re-configured to suit different sized areas.
- Cost-effective – Our access ramp has a life span of over 25 years with no maintenance costs.
- Environmental benefits – Ramp components can be reused under our ramp recycling scheme.