Wide Metal Walkway, St George's Hospital
Two temporary laboratories were scheduled to be installed on the hospital car park.
A ramp with a wide metal walkway was required to safely support the diverse range of hourly traffic accessing the cabins.
Traffic would include patient-moving equipment, trollies, staff, and public footfall.
END RESULT: A fully compliant ramp was designed and installed with an extra wide metal walkway. This product has a safe loading capacity of over one tonne!
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp or step. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Infill Handrail - if the ramp height exceeds 380mm, Infill handrail is a requirement to prevent users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- 1100mm High Rail - 1100mm handrails are attached to any level sections.
- Mesh Platform – a self-draining mesh platform allows water to pass through rather than puddle on the surface and potentially freeze. Minimum width: 1500mm.
- Rest Platform - a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Standard Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures the users always have support to hold onto.
- Yellow 900mm High Handrail to ramped sections – designed to be gripped by children and wheelchair users. A bright colour such as yellow is generally the easiest to see because of the colour's ability to reflect light.
Ramps can be configured with turning platforms and wider walkways to accommodate wide bariatric beds and various door sizes.
Any of the above can be secured together to create almost any width.