Wheelchair Accessible Playground, Holy Cross Preparatory School
Permanent wheelchair access from the new classroom entrance to the playground.
The ramp required to comply with both part M and K of the building regulations.
The Rapid Ramp included a 1:15 gradient and fully complies with documents M & K of the building regulations.
The installation was completed during the summer holidays, ready before the new school year. Plus, it only took a few hours to fit and could be used immediately after.
Unlike our steel Rapid Ramp System, a concrete ramp is time-consuming to install due to the drying time required and cannot be fitted in bad weather conditions, e.g. snow or rain,
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Rest Platform – a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- 1100mm High Rail – these handrails attach to any level sections.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Mid Rail - A lower handrail system designed to be used by young children and wheelchair users.
- Safetread Rubber Surface - this is a soft, slip-resistant surface that reduces the impact of falls. The product is made from the same materials used in soft play areas and is ideal for nurseries, schools, and public facilities. Plus, it is available in a range of colours and will continue to perform in all weather conditions.
- Fully Compliant Step Unit – complies with Document M and K of the building regulations.