One-Way System, St Helier Hospital
A WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE EXIT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL
To ensure the hospital remains COVID secure, a one-way system was recently implemented with a new side door near the main entrance.
A modular ramp was required from the door for wheelchair access.
A modular ramp with a 1:15 gradient was installed within a few hours.
Installation was completed very early in the morning, to reduce disturbing the daily running of the hospital.
- Mesh Platform - self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDED:
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and helps users distinguish any level changes.