NHS Wheelchair Ramp, Lymington New Forest Hospital
A new cleaning/welfare unit will be available for staff and patient use before entering the hospital.
It will include a kitchen, seating area, heating system and chemical toilet.
A modular ramp to provide access to the NHS facility. Additionally, it will need to match the building’s hire period.
The unit was craned into positioned on the Thursday afternoon and our ramp was installed and ready to use by 9:00 AM on the Friday!
The rapid turnaround time allowed the facility to open without delays.
The NHS ramp will be on hire until March 2021, matching the unit’s hire period.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Telescopic Legs - these can be adjusted to accommodate different threshold heights.
- Standard Handrail - this handrail system is designed to be grasped by the hand, to provide stability or support.
- Mesh Platform - this self-draining mesh platform allows water to pass through rather than puddle on the surface and potentially freeze.
Two rubber ramps were also included to provide easy access for wheelchair users over the door threshold height.
Temporary Rapid Ramps and steps are available for long or short-term hire. Once no longer needed, the system will be removed to leave the area in its original condition.
This package is ideal for a variety of requirements, including:
- Buildings works
- Temporary modular buildings & marquees
- Overcoming access challenges
The minimum hire period applies, and the rental duration is flexible (more details available on application).
The ramp provided and fitted by Rapid Ramp provides easy access for everybody in the community and we all agree, it is a great addition to the unit.