MODULAR ACCESS TO THE TEMPORARY LOUNGE
Work has begun on the airport’s 10-year, £1 billion transformation programme.
The airport hopes ’the programme will “transform passenger experiences and help attract yet more of the world’s leading airlines” (The Manchester Airports Group: 2017).
We were tasked with installing semi-permanent Rapid Ramps to the temporary lounge. These installations would provide short-term wheelchair access for visitors and staff.
The lounge plays a key role within the transformation programme, enabling the redevelopment of the existing Terminal 2.
Installation needed to be completed to a tight schedule and comply with Document M & K of Building Regulations.
CAD and technical drawings were designed by our specialist CAD designer in-house along with a quotation for the client.
Our CAD and technical drawings help customers to visualise how a ramp would appear in situ.
Our specialist fitters successfully built East and South elevation ramps airside along the airport runway and delivered on time and budget.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp and to help users distinguish any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends of a Rapid Ramp to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Rest Platform – a rest platform at 5 metres is required to allow the user to pause.
- 1100mm High Rail – these handrails attach to any level sections.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures the users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Fully Compliant Step Unit – an ideal addition to any ramp installation, providing the access needed for able-bodied users. They can also be stand-alone units, independent of the Rapid Ramp System.
As we thought, it was a first-rate product, available quickly and able to be assembled on site.