Access Hatch, Blackpool Victoria Hospital
A new access point to the surgery was in construction; however, a variance in the concrete levels would prevent wheeled hospital beds using this walkway.
Therefore, a modular ramp was chosen as a cost-effective way to bridge the gap.
A fully compliant ramp with a 1:15 gradient was installed with a few hours.
The rapid installation allowed the new entrance to open within a quick turnaround time.
The ramp included an access hatch to provide entry to the drain underneath.
- Infill Handrail - this product prevents users from climbing or falling through gaps.
- Yellow Tread - this is a safety feature designed to help those with impaired vision identify the nose of the ramp. Additionally, it helps users distinguish any level changes.
- Trombone Ends - these are added to the ends to prevent clothes catching.
- Mesh Platform - the self-draining mesh allows water to pass through rather than collect on the surface.
- Continuous Handrail - this handrail system ensures users always have support to hold onto.
EXTRA FEATURE INCLUDED:
- Access Hatch - A hatch opens allowing a person access to the underground services.